17 January 2010

Thursday Night Comfort Food

Thursday nights are generally a night for my friends and I to go cut loose, so I needed something simple and tasty for dinner.

I opted for a recipe I found on Recipezaar: Buffalo Tofu Sandwiches.



Okay, so I kind of "crowded" the mushrooms, but they turned out all right. I also ended up cutting off part of the tofu and using it for the "blue cheese" dressing and then cutting the remainder into three slices, which turned the serving size into 3, instead of 2.







Since the recipe suggested using blue cheese dressing, I looked up a vegan recipe for it here. It made WAY too much. And to be honest, I am not sure that it actually tasted like blue cheese dressing. It's hard to say though, as I'm not sure the last time I actually had blue cheese. Oh well. It was still pretty good.



I do have one suggestion for improving this meal, and that would be to marinate the tofu beforehand. Perhaps in the buffalo sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot). I don't really like spicy food, but this was not spicy AT ALL. It needed a little bit more spunk.

Until next time. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment