26 May 2010

Eggplant Parm

So I decided to try cooking eggplant. Things to remember for next time: cut the slices thinner and use breading. Other than that, my eggplant parmesan turned out alright. I fried the eggplant in canola oil with some sprinklings of salt, turmeric, and crushed red pepper. Put that in a pan with some marinara sauce topped with Teese (yes, I know Daiya is better) and cooked it til it melted (well sort of... I got impatient). Sorry about the obscene blurriness of the picture...


Oh and here is a picture of a cake I made a month or so ago that demonstrates my complete and utter lack of decorating ability. The cake is the basic chocolate cake recipe used in the German Chocolate cake previously mentioned, and the icing is the chocolate buttercream frosting used for the strawberry cake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment